- IT Courses
- Onsite IT Training
- Expert IT Consulting
Special Introductory Offer
2-day CRISC Prep Training (Pre-recorded Webinar)
CRISC Combo Training – 4 Days
with security expert, Krag Brotby
2-day CRISC Prep On Demand Webinar
2-day Live, Online CRISC Prep Training
Begin preparing for the CRISC Exam immediately with the
CRISC Pre-recorded Webinar, then you’ll attend the
LIVE, ONLINE CRISC Training class April 22-23, 2017.
CRISC Combo Training $450
Complete the Megamind Online Registration Form
( “CRISC Combo Training”):
Cancellation Policy for self-paced, web delivery:
Once purchased, on-line webinar subscriptions cannot be refunded.
Subscriptions may be cancelled at any time.
Before purchasing read the legal use statement below.
This INTENSIVE TRAINING prepares you for the official CRISC® Exam by exclusively focusing on developing the critical exam skills required for your success on the CRISC exam.
*You’ll learn firsthand from Krag Brotby… the “go-to-expert” for security certification prep.
*You’ll learn how to avoid the mistakes so many make that often result in failure.
*You’ll be provided with a set of invaluable tools and approaches that maximize your chance of mastering this challenging exam.
*You’ll feel more confident in knowing you are well prepared to take the CRISC exam.
Pre-recorded CRISC Training Webinar – On Demand
Attend Megamind’s pre-recorded CRISC Webinar, and you’ll participate in a mock CRISC Exam (approx. 200 questions), you’ll learn important tips about the exam, and you’ll know what to expect. Krag also shares specific areas you’ll need to focus on, to be the best prepared for the official CRISC exam. Plus, you’ll have the ability to ask Krag any questions you may have after completing Megamind’s pre-recorded CRISC Training Webinar.
You’ll receive the same benefits of attending our Live, Online training classes! Plus, you’ll be able to attend whenever you like, for as long as you like (within the term of your subscription).
About the 2-day CRISC Prep Exam Training Pre-Recorded Webinar:
This training has been recorded from an actual LIVE, ONLINE intensive 2-day training that specifically focuses on developing the critical exam skills you’ll need to master this challenging exam, including: review of concepts, definitions, and exam question analysis. It provides an intense, boot camp style learning environment where you’ll be immersed in exam prep. Hands-on, you’ll participate in 200+ mock exam questions over the course of nearly 12 hours. Krag Brotby explains in great detail why the correct answer is correct, and why the incorrect answer is not correct (so that you thoroughly understand). You’ll be provided with a set of invaluable tools and approaches for the CRISC exam.
With On Demand you can attend as often as you like, whenever you like (within the 3, 6 or 12 month subscription service)!
ABOUT OUR EXPERT SECURITY PRACTITIONER/INSTRUCTOR/AUTHOR
Conducted by the principal author and editor of the official ISACA CISM Review Manual, our renowned computer security expert practitioner, Krag Brotby CISM, CGEIT ensures this CRISC training is current and relevant to the ISACA certification standard.
*Krag is the ’go-to’ computer security expert for mastering the CRISC and the CISM exams.
*He has trained thousands of ISACA certification candidates over the past 10 years.
*Author of the CRISC and the CISM Glossary Documents.
*Author of the official ISACA CISM Review Manual since 2005.
*Taught CRISC and CISM courses globally during the past decade, including: the US Pentagon, US Marine Corp, the US Navy and the US Army.
*Frequent security expert practitioner/instructor at conferences globally and lectures on information security governance, metrics, information security management, CRISC, GRC and CISM exam preparation throughout Oceana, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North America.
*Renowned computer security expert practitioner, author and trainer.
For maximum benefit, it is recommended that each student purchase and review study materials prior to attending the workshop:
* ISACA CRISC Review Manual (latest edition available)
* ISACA CRISC QAE Manual -or- ISACA CRISC Practice Questions DB Download
* Krag Brotby’s CRISC Glossary Document
While the critical concepts are explored during the workshop, the focus is on developing the skills and understanding essential to mastering this unique examination, there is insufficient time to study in depth the manual content during the 2-day class.
* Krag Brotby’s CRISC Glossary document.
* Krag’s actual classroom slides for the 2-day CRISC Prep Exam Training.
* Krag’s Answer Sheet for the In-Classroom CRISC Mock Exam (approx 200 questions).
* Krag’s Business Impact Analysis (BIA) example.
* Krag’s Guidance on Your Final Prep Steps for the CRISC exam.
* Megamind’s Certificate of Completion for the CRISC Prep Exam Training (12 hours).
2-day CRISC PREP EXAM TRAINING OUTLINE (Pre-recorded Webinar)
Pre-review Sample Exam
Exam Question review and analysis
• Question types and structure
• Question analysis
• Judgment and synthesis
IT Risk Identification
• Risk Management Good Practice
• Methods to Identify Risk
• Risk Culture and Communications
• The Business IT Risk Strategy
• Information Security Risk Concepts and Principles
• Threats and Vulnerabilities Related to Assets
• Risk Related to Organizational Assets and Business Processes
• IT Risk Scenarios
• Ownership and Accountability
• Risk Capacity, Appetite and Tolerance
• Risk Awareness
• Risk Identification vs. Risk Assessment
• Analyzing Risk Scenarios
• Current State of Controls
• Risk and Control Analysis
• Risk Analysis Methodologies
• Documenting Incident Response
• Business-related Risk
• Risk Associated with Enterprise Architecture
• Data Management
• New Threats and Vulnerabilities
• Emerging Technologies
• Industry Trends
• Third Party Management
• Project and Program Management
• Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Management
• Exception Management Practices
• IT Risk Assessment Report
IT Risk Assessment
• Risk Ownership and Accountability
• Communication IT Risk Assessment Results
IT Risk Response and Mitigation
• Aligning Risk Response with Business Objectives
• Risk Response Options
• Analysis Techniques
• Vulnerabilities Associated with New Controls
• Developing a Risk Action Plan
• Business Process Review Tools and Techniques
• Control Design and Implementation
• Control Monitoring and Effectiveness
• Characteristics of Inherent and Residual Risk
• Control Activities, Objectives, Practices and Metrics
• System Control Design and Implementation
• Impact of Emerging Technologies on Design and Implementation of Controls
• Control Ownership
• Risk Management Procedures and Documentation
• Risk Responses and the Risk Action Plan
IT Risk Control Monitoring and Reporting
• Key Risk Indicators
• Key Performance Indicators
• Data Collection and Extraction Tools and Techniques
• Changes to the IT Risk Profile
CRISC Exam Prep Tips & Techniques
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
CRISC Prep Exam Training is recommended for IT and business professionals who identify and manage risks, including:
• IT professionals
• Risk professionals
• Business analysts
• Project managers
• Compliance professionals
• Control professionals
CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control)
The CRISC® certification prepares the IT professional for the challenges of IT and enterprise risk management. Earning a CRISC® helps enterprises to understand business risk, and to have the technical knowledge to implement appropriate IS controls.
The CRISC® focuses on:
• Risk identification, assessment and evaluation.
• Risk response.
• Risk monitoring.
• IS control design and implementation.
CRISC® Examination and Certification Requirements:
The CRISC® exam consists of 150 multi-choice questions taken over a 4-hour period.
ISACA uses and reports scores on a common scale from 200 to 800. A candidate must receive a score of 450 or higher to pass the exam. A score of 450 represents a minimum consistent standard of knowledge as established by ISACA’s CRISC® Certification Committee.
A CRISC® candidate receiving a passing score may then apply for certification provided the following requirements are met:
• CRISC® Certification Job Practice – Effective 2015
• Prove at least three (3) years of cumulative work experience performing tasks of a CRISC® professional across at least two (2) of the four (4) new domains. Of these 2 required domains, one must be in either Domain 1 or 2.
• Successful completion of the CRISC® examination (offered worldwide: June & December in two languages at 250 locations).
• Risk management and information systems control experience.
• Adhere to the ISACA Code of Professional Ethics.
• Agree to comply with the CRISC® Continuing Education Policy.
CRISC® Salary Ranking:
• According to a study conducted by Global Knowledge and Windows IT Pro in the fall of 2014 (2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey), the CRISC® is the highest-paying certification on the 15 Top-Paying Certifications for 2015 ($119,227).
• CRISC® is among the top five highest paying IT certifications in the Foote Partners IT Skills and Certification Pay Index™ (ITSCPI) for the quarter ending July 1, 2014.
Source: Global Knowledge, Windows IT Pro, Foote Partners IT Skills and Certification Pay Index™ (ITSCPI).
For a more detailed description regarding CRISC® qualifications and the ISACA CRISC® exam, visit the ISACA.org website.
CRISC® is a Registered Trademark of ISACA.
CRISC® is an ISACA Certification.
All trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective holders.