Megamind® Training Institute
Are you ready for the CRISC® Exam?
If you’re planning to take the CRISC® Exam,
then you must attend the CRISC Prep Exam Training Webinar!
With international security expert practitioner,
trainer and noted author:
Krag Brotby CISM, CGEIT
available *until* November 7, 2021
6-Days of CRISC Training for $525!
Subscribe to attend the
4-Day COMBO CRISC Training
Pre-Recorded On-Demand Webinars ($525)
As a special bonus you’ll be able to attend the ….
2-day CRISC Prep Training (Live, Online)
complimentary admission (a $495 value)!
NOVEMBER 20-21, 2021
6-days (36 hours) of CRISC Training
Start preparing immediately with international security expert, Krag Brotby!
You’ll have access to the CRISC Combo Class Webinar Recording
for up to 3 months!
REGISTER and SUBSCRIBE:
CRISC COMBO TRAINING
6-days (36 hours) of CRISC Prep Training = $595
available *until* November 7, 2021
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR
SELF-PACED, WEB DELIVERY:
Once purchased, on-line webinar subscriptions cannot be refunded.
Subscriptions may be cancelled at any time.
Before purchasing read the legal use statement below.
This INTENSIVE TRAINING prepares you for the official CRISC® Exam by exclusively focusing on developing the critical exam skills required for your success on the CRISC exam.
*You’ll learn firsthand from Krag Brotby… the “go-to-expert” for security certification prep.
*You’ll learn how to avoid the mistakes so many make that often result in failure.
*You’ll be provided with a set of invaluable tools and approaches that maximize your chance of mastering this challenging exam.
*You’ll feel more confident in knowing you are well prepared to take the CRISC exam.
Pre-recorded CRISC Training Webinar – On Demand
Attend Megamind’s pre-recorded CRISC Webinar, and you’ll participate in a mock CRISC Exam (approx. 200 questions), you’ll learn important tips about the exam, and you’ll know what to expect. Krag also shares specific areas you’ll need to focus on, to be the best prepared for the official CRISC exam. Plus, you’ll have the ability to ask Krag any questions you may have after completing Megamind’s pre-recorded CRISC Training Webinar.
You’ll receive the same benefits of attending our Live, Online training classes! Plus, you’ll be able to attend whenever you like, for as long as you like (within the term of your subscription – 3, 6 or 12 months).
About the 2-day CRISC Prep Exam Training
This training has been recorded from an actual LIVE, ONLINE intensive 2-day training that specifically focuses on developing the critical exam skills you’ll need to master this challenging exam, including: review of concepts, definitions, and exam question analysis. It provides an intense, boot camp style learning environment where you’ll be immersed in exam prep. Hands-on, you’ll participate in 200+ mock exam questions over the course of nearly 12 hours. Krag Brotby explains in great detail why the correct answer is correct, and why the incorrect answer is not correct (so that you thoroughly understand). You’ll be provided with a set of invaluable tools and approaches for the CRISC exam.
With On Demand you can attend as often as you like, whenever you like
(within the 3, 6 or 12 month subscription service)!
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
This class is taught by renowned security expert,
author of the
CISM Review Manual, Krag Brotby CISM, CGEIT
Megamind’s comprehensive hands-on training for the official CRISC® Exam by ISACA,
is taught by Krag Brotby CISM, CGEIT — renowned security expert practitioner, trainer and
author of the CISM® Review Manual. Mr. Brotby’s extensive CISM® knowledge brings a unique teaching perspective when preparing candidates for the complementary, CRISC® exam certification. Specifically focusing on IT professionals whose roles encompass security, operational and compliance considerations.
Krag is the ’go-to’ computer security expert for mastering CRISC and CISM exams. He has successfully trained thousands of exam candidates over the past 14 years.
- Author of the official ISACA CISM Review Manual since 2005.
- Author of the CISM Glossary Document and the CRISC Glossary Document.
- Served on the ISACA Security Practice Development Committee responsible for exam question development.
- Edited the entire 1200 CISM sample question database, creating approximately 800 questions for the ISACA 2016 CISM QAE Book.
- Taught CISM courses globally during the past decade including: the US Pentagon, US Marine Corp, Navy and the Army.
- Frequent security expert practitioner/instructor at conferences globally and lectures on information security governance, metrics, information security management, GRC and CISM exam preparation throughout Oceana, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North America.
Read Full Bio
CRISC PREP EXAM TRAINING OUTLINE:
2-day CRISC PREP EXAM TRAINING OUTLINE
Pre-review Sample Exam
Exam Question review and analysis
• Question types and structure
• Question analysis
• Judgment and synthesis
IT Risk Identification
• Risk Management Good Practice
• Methods to Identify Risk
• Risk Culture and Communications
• The Business IT Risk Strategy
• Information Security Risk Concepts and Principles
• Threats and Vulnerabilities Related to Assets
• Risk Related to Organizational Assets and Business Processes
• IT Risk Scenarios
• Ownership and Accountability
• Risk Capacity, Appetite and Tolerance
• Risk Awareness
• Risk Identification vs. Risk Assessment
• Analyzing Risk Scenarios
• Current State of Controls
• Risk and Control Analysis
• Risk Analysis Methodologies
• Documenting Incident Response
• Business-related Risk
• Risk Associated with Enterprise Architecture
• Data Management
• New Threats and Vulnerabilities
• Emerging Technologies
• Industry Trends
• Third Party Management
• Project and Program Management
• Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Management
• Exception Management Practices
• IT Risk Assessment Report
IT Risk Assessment
• Risk Ownership and Accountability
• Communication IT Risk Assessment Results
IT Risk Response and Mitigation
• Aligning Risk Response with Business Objectives
• Risk Response Options
• Analysis Techniques
• Vulnerabilities Associated with New Controls
• Developing a Risk Action Plan
• Business Process Review Tools and Techniques
• Control Design and Implementation
• Control Monitoring and Effectiveness
• Characteristics of Inherent and Residual Risk
• Control Activities, Objectives, Practices and Metrics
• System Control Design and Implementation
• Impact of Emerging Technologies on Design and Implementation of Controls
• Control Ownership
• Risk Management Procedures and Documentation
• Risk Responses and the Risk Action Plan
IT Risk Control Monitoring and Reporting
• Key Risk Indicators
• Key Performance Indicators
• Data Collection and Extraction Tools and Techniques
• Changes to the IT Risk Profile
CRISC Exam Prep Tips & Techniques
For maximum benefit, it is recommended that each student purchase and review study materials prior to attending the workshop:
* ISACA CRISC Review Manual (latest edition available)
* ISACA CRISC QAE Manual -or- ISACA CRISC Practice Questions DB Download
* Krag Brotby’s CRISC Glossary Document
While the critical concepts are explored during the workshop, the focus is on developing the skills and understanding essential to mastering this unique examination, there is insufficient time to study in depth the manual content during the 2-day class.
See Megamind’s Foundation Training (CRISC Boot Camp) for the CISM Exam.
Megamind advises attending the CRISC BOOT CAMP (Foundation Training) prior to the CRISC Prep Exam Training (Prep Exam Training).
- Krag Brotby’s CRISC Glossary document.
- Krag’s actual classroom slides for the 2-day CRISC Prep Exam Training.
- Krag’s Answer Sheet for the In-Classroom CRISC Mock Exam (approx 200 questions).
- Krag’s Business Impact Analysis (BIA) example.
- Krag’s Guidance on Your Final Prep Steps for the CRISC exam.
- Megamind’s Certificate of Completion for the CRISC Prep Exam Training (12 hours).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
CRISC Prep Exam Training is recommended for IT and business professionals who identify and manage risks, including, (but not limited to):
• IT professionals
• Risk professionals
• Business analysts
• Project managers
• Compliance professionals
• Control professionals
ABOUT CRISC® (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control)
The CRISC® certification prepares the IT professional for the challenges of IT and enterprise risk management. Earning a CRISC® helps enterprises to understand business risk, and to have the technical knowledge to implement appropriate IS controls.
The CRISC® focuses on:
• Risk identification, assessment and evaluation.
• Risk response.
• Risk monitoring.
• IS control design and implementation.
CRISC® Examination and Certification Requirements:
The CRISC® exam consists of 150 multi-choice questions taken over a 4-hour period.
ISACA uses and reports scores on a common scale from 200 to 800. A candidate must receive a score of 450 or higher to pass the exam. A score of 450 represents a minimum consistent standard of knowledge as established by ISACA’s CRISC® Certification Committee.
A CRISC® candidate receiving a passing score may then apply for certification provided the following requirements are met:
• CRISC® Certification Job Practice – Effective 2015
• Prove at least three (3) years of cumulative work experience performing tasks of a CRISC® professional across at least two (2) of the four (4) new domains. Of these 2 required domains, one must be in either Domain 1 or 2.
• Successful completion of the CRISC® examination.
• Risk management and information systems control experience.
• Adhere to the ISACA Code of Professional Ethics.
• Agree to comply with the CRISC® Continuing Education Policy.
CRISC® Salary Ranking:
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems (CRISC®) ensures an IT Professional is prepared for the unique challenges of IT and enterprise risk management. CRISC® ranked as the Number 1 —
the highest-paying IT certification based on the 15 Top-Paying Certifications for 2017 IT Skills and Salary Survey conducted by Global Knowledge, with an average salary of US $131,298.
- CRISC® ranked one of the top 6 most sought after Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) certifications by CIO Magazine in 2015.
For a more detailed description regarding CRISC® qualifications and the ISACA CRISC® exam,
visit the ISACA.org website.
LEGAL USE STATEMENT:
You may not share (including passwords for the training recordings), copy, reproduce, distribute, display, modify or create derivative works based upon all or any portion of K.Brotby’s/Megamind’s course ware, or any of Megamind’s related documents (including: Megamind’s 2-day and 3-day Training for the CISM Exam Recordings, Krag Brotby’s CISM Glossary, BIA Example, 100 Q&A’s, Courseware Answer Sheet, or any additional material related to these trainings) cannot be used elsewhere in any medium whether printed, electronic or otherwise, without the express written consent of the Megamind Training Institute. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not reproduce, distribute, re-publish, display, modify, or create derivative works based upon all or any portion of the course ware or related documents for purposes of sharing or teaching any computer or electronic security courses to any third party without the express written consent of the Megamind Training Institute. Any person or entity found to have violated this policy will be subjected to legal action. If legal action is taken, any such violator will be responsible for any legal fees, court fees, attorney fees and financial liabilities from loss of revenue to the Megamind Training Institute.
CRISC® is a Registered Trademark of ISACA.
CRISC® is an ISACA Certification.
All trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective holders.